A. Loacker & Söhne GmbH
The specialist distributor of international brands
45 crowns is all you need to be successful…
On 3 April 1925, a clerk registered lot 1547 in the company register at the Bozen Chamber of Commerce for Alfons Loacker. It´s been over 90 years since the first ‘Loacker wafers’ have been sold to local inns.
Alfons Loacker was born on 27 January 1901 in Götzis, in the Austrian Vorarlberg region, then moving to Innsbruck and, in 1914, started his apprenticeship in Brixen.
Young Alfons, always a big sport enthusiast, moved yet again, heading south until he arrived in the capital of South Tyrol in 1917, where he started working at the Rizzi Patisserie in Bozen. In 1925 he took over from the then retired owner, thus starting his entrepreneurial adventure in the heart of Bozen.
The Rizzi Patisserie already produced regular and typical Karlsbad wafers –so Alfons Loacker embraced and developed the product, turning it into an unbeatable specialty for South Tyrol, also thanks to its exceptional quality; his friends and team mates probably lent him a helping hand, as their regular bars and cafes suddenly started selling exclusively Loacker products.
He embodied the company: he was manufacturer, salesman, traveller, and accountant. Simply put, Alfons Loacker created a brand out of thin air.
In 1969, the company started selling well-known confectionery brands such as Ritter Sport, Rachengold, Kanold, Reber in Trentino-South Tyrol. This was the first step of many towards the successful beginning of European and German branded products distribution in Italy.
In 1974, manufacturing was relocated to Auna di Sotto / Unterinn due to the facility’s shrinking space in the face of increasing demands; at the same time, the company divided its local sales activities, headed by A. Loacker & Söhne GmbH, and the burgeoning national and international market, headed by the newly established A. Loacker AG at Auna di Sotto.
In the meantime, the company acquired a new, main deposit for A. Loacker & Söhne GmbH in the Via Macello in Bolzano/Bozen in 1990. This is where all the regional activities for the 40-strong product portfolio were and are still carried out.